Linux System Engineer
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
A Linux system’s engineer is responsible for designing, building and supporting requirements of the hardware and software belonging to enterprise data center’s system. They must also keep the system and software at high performance and availability.
Linux system engineer also maintains a highly-available virtualization environment running on VMware vSphere hosts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Solid understanding of Red Hat and Debian including paging and swapping, and inter-process communications.
- File system concepts
- Able to provide security, operations, maintenance, and support for Linux systems
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in advanced networking subjects (TCP/IP, BGP, VLAN, bonding/ trunking, Switches, Routers & Firewalls)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- English language knowledge
- Linux systems’ administration experience
- Effectively applying scripting skills with Shell, Splunk, Perl and Ansible
- Ability to create System documentation and develop scripts to automate routine tasks
- Experience with Server config. management software like Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Virtualization technology knowledge
- Relevant work experience
- Teamwork Spirit
- Sense of Responsibility
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com